CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 16, 2009

The Ward Clerk


As I was doing Megan's hair for church she wanted to ask me a question.  She wanted to know more about the man who walks around church during Sacrament meeting..."You know, the one who writes down who's being good and who's being naughty," she said.

I laughed and then said, "Should I tell you the truth, or let you keep believing that."

I decided that she wasn't one I needed to be more reverent during church.  So I let her know that he's just counting to see how many people are at church.  

I told the Ward Clerk's wife before the meeting started of Megan's understanding of what's going on.  We laughed.  She must have told her husband.  As he walked passed us during the meeting, he reached over and handed each of the kids a piece of candy.

However, I think I might be keeping that in my back pocket for Josh.  I can still use it because Josh was being very good when he got that piece of candy.

3 comments:

Johnson said...

Oh...MY....Gosh! That is the cutest thing ever. Our kids are so innocent and sweet. Dallin the other day said he had a question. He wanted to know how we had him on Aug 9 and then hurried and had "it" and then had Alex on Aug 10th.....Um...I thought we'd had the talk with him already..guess it hasn't quite made sense yet.

I think I am going to tell my kids about the ward clerk.....

Young Family said...

Love that idea! I just might have to try that one out. Kids are too cute!!

Nick and Deanne said...

Too funny! I might have to point him out to Addie this week and see what she says.