CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Jesus Wants ME for a Sunbeam?


Heaven help us! Josh is officially a Sunbeam. I know it's only been three Sundays, he's young (October birthday), and he hasn't gone to preschool yet (these are the buffering excuses), but we're barely surviving Primary. I think the biggest problem is that I'm in the primary room and he's very familiar with each of the presidency as well as the pianist so he feels very comfortable. I'm also dealing with an older daughter who is defined by rules and is the epitomy of the reverent child in primary. So my bearings are completely thrown off. Scott came to primary with me this week to help teach the children I Am A Child of God in Spanish. He got a first hand glimpse of what I'm talking about. Poor Joshie. He's dealing with an OCD mother who expects her 3 year old son to walk in on the first day and sit still without talking for two hours. My sweet little guy. I just have to keep telling myself that it will come with time. Each week does seem to be getting a little better. Bless his sweet teachers heart! She is so good to him. Send your good thoughts our way! We need it.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I feel for you! When Curtis went into Sunbeams (Dec. bday) I was primary president. He would cry if I didn't call on him for every prayer, talk or activity. And sitting in his chair was a joke. It honestly took a good 3-4 months for him to adjust and calm down. And we still aren't perfect. But that is just boys too. Good Luck and know that you are not alone!

Peterson Family said...

when we were in primary, We LOVED to what the sumbeams! They were so cute! I just thought everything thing they did was so sweet and adorable. I bet Joshies teacher loves talking to him. he is so funny! He is just a cute boy you cant help but love him.

Miss Pete said...

I just said to him, On Sunday, we're going to go to Primary and sit in our chairs like big kids and he said, No, I'm going to walk around. And that's exactly what he does. Someone talks in the microphone, he wants to try. Someone writes on the chalkboard, well that looks like fun. He likes to hang out with the pianist. He's oblivious to the other children sitting quietly.