CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Are Ant's Going to Come?

So I typically don't like to write down my goals for the year because that puts the pressure on to stick with it (see how I work). But here it goes:

Of course I have the typical health goals: drink more water (that's not diet...see how I work again), and also getting back to a routine at the gym. But in defense of my absence at the gym since the coming of Brooklyn (I was really good and exercised all the way up to 8 months) it is a workout alone to get three children to the gym and checked in to 3 seperate child care spots. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, next time I might count that as my workout. After checking the kids in, I might belly up to the snack bar and order myself a smoothie. I could hang out on the couch and read the subtitles on the tv or better yet, people watch. I could hope that I don't get summoned to a daycare to change a poopy diaper and wait until my two hour time limit is up and go home feeling just as good as if I actually worked out the whole time (that counts as getting back to the gym...right?).


My biggest goal for the year is more quality time as a family. So often I feel like the kids get dragged along with us on the weekends as Scott and I work on the checklist of things to do and errands to run. So with that in mind, we had a day to ourselves yesterday. No where to go, nothing to do (that was important). But, it was raining all day yesterday. So we decided to go on a picnic. We lit the fire and put the blankets out and enjoyed some time as a family (ya, I know that's a Diet Coke on the blanket and not a bottle of water - see why I don't like to write these things down). We had such a great time. Megan, of course, was worried about ants coming because "ants like picnics and they like to take the food. How do you know ants aren't going to come?" We then started playing our own little version of name that tune. We had all the covers from Megs Karaoke discs and we would say a line and try to guess the song. Let me just say, if there is a game similiar to this in our future, I want Megan on my team! She was amazing! I wonder what's the youngest age you have to be for one of those singing game shows...Hmmm...

2 comments:

Peterson Family said...

That is the cutest thing i have ever seen! I want to have a picnic at your house! are you guys coming up in march for brandons baptism?

Johnson said...

You are the worlds best mom ever! I love it! I wish I was better at doing things like that with my kids. Nope!!! My kids call Sponge bob mommy...just kidding...but they could if they wanted to!!!