I remember singing that song as a little girl in our singing group. I loved it! Only today I now understand what it means.
I received an email notification of MY wish list from American Girl. Funny. I didn't remember creating a wish list. However, a little 7 year old that resides in my home is counting down the days until she turns 8. Yesterday was a big day. It was the 25th. Only three more months. She has been spending a lot of time on the computer lately. And I have noticed her "browsing" the American Girl site. Now I know what she was doing.
I smiled at the thought of how brilliant my child was. She had figured this out on her own. I came to the conclusion that a "wish list" created on an internet shopping site is the modern day version of being the first one to get the JCPenney catalogue in the mail and circling what you want or turning down the corners. Only I would have to leave the catalogue open to what I really wanted and hope that my mom would "happen upon" it and buy it for me. Sigh. How I could have used the convenience of emailing my mom my dreams. Then again, we just celebrated the fact that my mom just created her very first email account. I would have had to wait a long time for her to discover my wish list.
I added up what it would take to make my little girls dreams come true: $7,130.00
Oops there goes another rubber tree plant!





0 comments:
Post a Comment