CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Do Over


Having grown up in a neighborhood full of boys, I became really good at playing Around-the-World, 500, and Ghost-man Baseball.  The greatest rule invented by the boys was the Do Over.  This comes into play when the ball gets stuck in the tree or goes out of bounds.

On Thanksgiving, Scott and I found ourselves in the ER dealing with the recent events.  Our children spent Thanksgiving, as planned, with Scott's family.  Scott and I spent many hours craving the dinner we were missing.  I begged for water or ice chips and was denied because of possible surgery, which took place later that night.

Tonight, we had a Thanksgiving Do Over.  It was fabulous!  It tasted just as wonderful as we dreamed that day.  Picky eater #1 and #2 weren't as thrilled when they came to the dinner table.  We didn't care.  Chow Hound #3 ate almost as much as her parents.  And what's great is that we even have left-overs for tomorrow.

Although this Thanksgiving doesn't have much of a chance of making it off of our Worst Thanksgiving Ever list, it did leave us with much to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Andrea B. said...

Glad you got to enjoy a "real" Thanksgiving. I'm glad it tasted as good as you imagined!!

Nick and Deanne said...

That picture is making me hungry. I almost want to do it all over again too. I can't believe you had the energy to make all of that.