CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Conversation Overheard



Josh got a package of cookies from his Halloween party at school.
They were Disney cookies.
One was Mickey Mouse.  The other was Donald Duck.
Josh ate the Mickey Mouse cookie.   

Meg: Josh, can I have the Donald Duck cookie?

Josh: I'm going to eat the Donald Duck cookie after dinner.

Meg: I'll do whatever you want if you give me the cookie.

Josh: I'm going to eat the Donald Duck cookie after dinner.

Meg: I'll read you a book.

Josh: Okay.  

It was very sweet.  However, I don't think the cookie ever exchanged hands, even after reading the book.  It reminds me of when I was young and shared a double bed with my sister.  One of us would say to the other, "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine."  And whoever got the first back scratch would fall asleep.

5 comments:

Laura said...

That is adorable! I can remember falling asleep during those bargained back rubs. Megan knows just what to do to get what she wants. That's a smart girl!! Love, Laura

Beck said...

That is so dang cute! Your kids are such cuties. And I totally was one of those who would make sure I got my back scratched first so I didnt have to do it. Poor Jessica never caught on!

Johnson said...

Oh, I bet you feel bad for the one who didn't get the back rub. What about the adorable little girl with her ear pressed up against the wall because she yearned to be in the same room with her older sisters rather than her little brother........

they really are so cute. There is nothing like that sibling bong!!

Scott Huber said...

Becky,
Surely you meant "bond", right??

Nick and Deanne said...

Scott - doesn't bong make a lot more sense in Becky's case? :)

Debbie - you always made sure to get your backscratched first. I never seemed to learn my lesson. Remember how many times Becky tried to talk to us through the wall and we just laughed ignoring her? In fact it's making me laugh really hard now.

I love the bargaining rule. Remember telling Andrew that you would count to see how "fast" he is if he would go and get us things. Those were the days. I've started it with Addie now and it works like a charm. Although she catches on when I stop counting. I totally believe in bribery. Megan is going to make such a good mom.