It has taken 3 children before 911 has been called from our phone.
I didn't expect it to happen for the first time today.
We have five children in the house this weekend. Scott's brother and his wife took the older girls to San Francisco this weekend. We have Anna and Julia staying with us (age 5 and 7).
Scott has early meetings on Sunday. Church starts at 9:00. That made for a very busy morning to get 5 children ready plus myself in time for church. I had the 3 older girls dressed and lined up in my bathroom doing their hair. We were in hair heaven! Brooklyn was wandering around. I remember hearing Brooklyn playing with the phone. Her latest trick is to push the buttons that make the phone ring or the pager beep. I really didn't think much of it.
By the time I got the girls all ready, Scott came home to drive to church with us. Just as we were all heading downstairs to the car, there was a knock at the door. I thought to myself, who is knocking on our door this early. Oh, it was the police.
He informed us that we had dialed 911. I about died! I looked down at Brooklyn and looked back at him. I apologized over and over and said it must have been the baby. He told us that the dispatcher could hear a child pushing buttons. Luckily they didn't send the whole gang of emergency with them, only the police officer.
I can only imagine what he thought when he looked into our house of five small children. I'm sure he thought the we need more help than he can offer. Especially when he saw Josh having a meltdown because he wanted to open the door and Scott opened it. At least we were all dressed nicely so hopefully he realized we were church going people.
And here's the thing. I don't have 911 programed into my phone. So somehow, my baby (of all days to have luck on her side) dialed 911 with her chubby little fingers. And it's been a great start to my day.





5 comments:
Oh no! I could only imagine how embarrassed I would feel! I bet he went back to his car and told the dispatcher, oh its a house with 5 kids--one of those mormon families! Boston dialed 911 once on my cell phone, but since it was a cell all they did was call the number back.
I totally know how you feel! When we first moved back to CO, we had the movers moving us in and our little Brooke did the same thing. We assured the officer that everything was fine and that it was the baby. We too had our four little ones running around and I was pregnant with Ellie. It must make for great stories back at the precinct! We asked if they wanted to help with furniture! Have a great week! I so miss seeing all of you!
Laura
That's hysterical. I truly don't know how she could manage to dial 911 so randomly. What luck. I'm sure the officer saw all the children and thought, whether you know it or not, you need HELP people. Fun start to your busy day.
I would have died! We haven't had it happen yet but I know it will. I hear these stories all the time and I really would die.
I'll let you guess which one of mine was the first to bring a police officer to my door. (And it is the most embarrassing feeling!)
Did you guess boy #2?
Ding. Ding. Ding. You are correct!
Post a Comment