CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

X and O

When did my little guy start getting older!  Josh has recently issued a new request: Don't Kiss Him.  He doesn't like kisses.


What I say!  I am his mother, I gave birth to him, and I can kiss him whenever I feel like it (which happens to be quite often throughout the day which might be why he's giving these orders).

He will kiss me.  Randomly he will walk up and give me a kiss wherever his little lips happen to hit...my arm, my leg, my cheek, and quite often my lower cheeks (nothing weird here, it just happens that his lips hit that region when I'm standing in the kitchen cooking and he gets a sudden urge of love).  But he has requested that I don't kiss him.

I didn't expect this to happen at the ripe old age of 3 years 11 months.  I thought I had a few more good years of kissing my little boy before he would make such a demand.  

Little does he know that I have a secret.  While he's sleeping, I go in and give him all the kisses I want.  Just like I did when he was a baby (see the sweet picture below) I still have to check on him before I fall asleep.  And that's when I bend down and kiss his sweet face. 

4 comments:

cocopeterson8 said...

I remember when that baby picture was taken. I can't believe how big he is . Where did the time go?
we were with Brooke and Drew tonight to watch a movie.
fun night, but when we went to hug goodbye
drew and I turned our faces the same direction.
weird and funny at the same time. I can't believe my baby boy is 25. Yikes!!!

Lisa said...

Debbie, this is Lisa from your ward. I found your blog from the Clines. I just wanted to tell you that Maisey and your little one were so funny today. Maisey took her phone so she took Maisey's binkie and promptly put it in her mouth. Maisey retaliated by trying to take her binkie. They then pulled at each other trying to get different things. It was Maisey's first "play" experience!

Peterson Family said...

i was trying to figure out your lower cheeks...i was thinking like your neck...it wasnt until i pictured you in the kitchen and him running up to kiss you. It made me laugh once i got it. I promise im not a natural blond.

Peterson Family said...

yes i know blonde is spelled wrong...whoops