CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Just Me and My Shadow


I have suddenly found my shadow.  He took about 5-6 months longer than I thought it would take to show up, but he is now here.  Josh is now in need of extra mommy time, instead of Brooklyn.  He did so well with the transition of the baby.  He didn't pay too much attention to her when she first arrived.  He has always been very sweet to her, but he's also been distracted by what ever else had his attention at the time.  He now only wants my attention.

Just as I was typing this, he has climbed up on my lap, blocked the computer screen with his head, placed his train in his hand on top of mine while I type and even has tried to run his train on the keyboard.  He is always by my side.  Seriously.  It doesn't matter what room I move to throughout the day, he is there next to me.  He has just started trying to find a spot on my lap to sit while I try to feed Brooklyn.  If he doesn't strip down and join me in the shower, he's sitting on the bath mat outside the shower waiting for me and then hangs out while I blow-dry my hair.  He has even tried to follow me into the bathroom and sit on my lap (now that's true love).  I know this might border TMI, but now you understand my position.  I feel like I'm being followed all day.  

It's a good thing he's a little comedian.  He keeps us laughing all day long.  He is so funny.  He is also quite polite.  Here are a few examples of knowing when to say thank you.  Megan asked Scott the other day for a glass of chocolate milk so Scott asked Josh if he wanted one too.  He said, "Um, no thank you.  I'll just have some chocolate."  (Didn't know we were offering it at the time but I have to claim him as my child at that point).  Yesterday he was put in time-out which is on the bottom step for him.  After his time was up, I sat down to talk to him.  He gave me a big hug and told me he loved me.  I told him that was nice but he needed to go apologize to Megan.  He said, "Um, no thank you.  I'm just going to stay on the stair and take a rest."  I also asked him yesterday if he needed to go to the bathroom on the toilet and he said, "Um, no thank you.  That's too dangerous."

So if I have to have someone spend every waking moment with me, at least it's one who can keep a smile on my face by using his good manners.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

He is so cute. It must be the middle child syndrome...Ethan does a lot of the same things(including visits in the bathroom).

Johnson said...

He is so darling. I can hear that cute little raspy voice saying, "No thank you". I love the chocolate comment. Oh, and oh boy don't I love company on the toilet. Nothing like your own personal toilet paper despensor.